Permission to Screw Up
In this presentation, Kristen shares the story of how she went from being an almost comically inept leader to a sought-after CEO who teaches others how to lead.
When she launched her company more than a decade ago, Kristen was a college student with zero leadership experience. Giving out hugs instead of critical feedback, fixing errors instead of holding people accountable, micromanaging instead of empowering, and hiding behind emails instead of cultivating meaningful relationships were just a few of her many mistakes. But Kristen’s willingness to admit and learn from her mistakes propelled her to build a successful company that has since employed thousands of millennials and is widely recognized for its focus on building the next generation of leaders.
Kristen dismisses the idea that leaders always have it all figured out. Building on the themes in her book, Permission to Screw Up, she’ll inspire you, whatever your rank or experience level, to reach your leadership potential by stepping up, taking risks, and learning on the job.
- Learn the difference between a management mindset and a leadership mindset
- Develop a new perspective on failure as an opportunity to build resilience
- Gain an understanding of the courage and commitment it takes to be a leader
- Discover ways to inspire change no matter your rank or position
- Become aware of generational differences in communication and working styles and learn how to bridge the gap
- Gain tools to help people build stronger relationships, excel at problem-solving, give and receive feedback more effectively, and take ownership of their growth and developement
- Discover how to find purpose and meaning in your work
- Recognize the ingredients of a healthy culture and your role in creating that environment
- Discuss what it means to be your authentic self and identify ways to encourage authenticity in others